Palliative care in Mumbai
Palliative care is a type of medical care provided to patients with serious illnesses and disorders. It reduces stress and worries hampering daily life for both patients and families. Sunrise Oncology center has specially designed procedures to treat symptoms and illnesses at early stages to avoid further damage. However, palliative care treatment can be given at any stage of illness. It is significantly provided in home settings, hospitals, nursing homes, or at care facilities. Palliative care is beneficial to patients of any age. It is extensively helpful to people facing serious heart disease or older persons above age 60.
As per WHO(World Health Organization) each year around 56.8 million people, including 25.7 million people from last year’s statistics are in need of palliative care. With the growth in the worldwide population, the burden of palliative care has tremendously increased. It relieves suffering from communicable and non-communicable diseases, especially in seniority class or people facing a life-threatening disease. The majority of patients who need palliative care are suffering from diseases such as cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease, chronic disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, kidney failure, and much more.
Who Gives Palliative Care?
Palliative care is delivered by several professional experts in various fields including physicians, nurses, support workers, paramedics, physiotherapists, dietitians, and social workers. Supportive Care is also provided for patients to deal with physical, emotional, and social issues. Palliative chemotherapy is also provided to cancer patients by uniting with the oncology care team. It is usually provided to patients in the last stage of cancer for painless treatment for a quality life.
What Benefits do patients receive from Palliative Care?
Palliative care can prove to be beneficial only when it is started at an early stage of diseases and symptoms. The benefits a person can receive from Palliative care differ from one patient to another. The types of Palliative care provided at Sunrise Oncology center are signified by the patient’s need of the hour such as
1. Social need – A patient needs families and caregivers to get through daily life. As they may feel isolated and often these feelings will trigger all the cancer memories. A social worker can help you in dealing with life complications through consistent support as
- Providing and reminding you of medicines and treatment on daily basis.
- Financial assistance with maintaining bills and managing monthly expenses.
- Helps patient and their families in coping with illness.
2. Physical need – Physical side effects need to be addressed during or after the treatment such as pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, or insomnia.
3. Emotional need – Helps in dealing with Stress, anxiety, and depression through palliative care by providing resources to families in dealing with psychological emotions
4. Spiritual need – Many people find it hard in dealing with cancer. A sense of spiritual belief can help them heal faster and cope with their disease. An expert awakens the religious belief based on the patient’s cultural background.
5. Financial need – Cancer treatments are expensive and to ease the process financial help is provided through fundraising, government programs, public hospitals, or patient assistance programs.
Why Sunrise Oncology Centre is the best for Palliative Care?
Sunrise Oncology Centre focuses on treating patients facing life-threatening cancer diseases that are not curable completely. However, the disease can be shrunk to a vast extent from palliative care. It usually helps in relieving stress, symptoms, and potential side effects of diseases which proves to be beneficial for the patient in leading a healthy social life.
Sunrise Oncology center comes up with strategies to reach patients with affordable medications, physiotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, metronomic therapy, oncology nutrition, and mental well-being. Palliative chemotherapy is specifically provided to cancer patients for reducing the impact of cancer tumors on the body. It is prescribed to patients where a complete cure from chemotherapy is hard to achieve.
It eliminates the pain for a period of ti helping the patient to live longer.