Oral Cancer Treatment in India
Oral Cancer is the most prevalent type of cancer in India and is growing in massive population and has risen globally with new cases exceeding 6,40,000 annually. It starts in the oral cavity, especially around the lips, tongue, and floor of the mouth. Oral cancer is easy to detect at the early stages as it can be identified in your lips and mouth area
Causes and Risk Factors of Oral Cancer
Oral Cancer is most significantly caused due to prolonged use of carcinogenic substances which includes
- Chewing tobacco or gutka
- Consumption of alcohol regularly
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- Poor immune system
- Genetic factors
- Poor nutrition
- Exposure to Ultraviolet rays
Symptoms of Oral Cancer
Signs and symptoms of oral cancer are easily visible around your mouth area. The signs are so common that it can happen to someone with a poor diet as well. But if the symptoms last for more than a week or two then you need to get yourself examined as it can be a sign of oral cancer. The most prevalent symptoms you’ll notice are –
- Reddish patch inside the mouth
- Soreness around the mouth and lip area
- Ear pain or loss of hearing
- Difficulty swallowing or moving the jaw
- Pain inside throat
- Weak teeth
- Sore lump
- Change in voice
- Weight loss
- Pain in the face or neck
How Sunrise Oncology Centre helps in providing treatment for Oral Cancer?
Sunrise Oncology Centre provides support in providing treatment to cancer patients with the multi-throng approach. Oral cancer is treated mostly through surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or targeted therapy
- Surgery – Surgeries help in the treatment of cancer in a specific area. Many invasive surgeries such as robotic surgeries and endoscopic surgeries are performed on cancer patients without affecting the normal functioning of the mouth region. These surgeries are easy to perform and have minimum side effects and provide better recovery for cancer patients.
- Radiation Therapy – It uses beams of high-energy rays to kill cancer cells. It is also used in combination with chemotherapy or surgeries for destroying the remaining cancer cells in the body that might have left.
- Chemotherapy – Chemotherapy is administered orally or through veins to destroy cancer cells. However, this therapy can also destroy normal cells in the body which can cause significant side effects such as hair loss, sore mouth, loss of appetite, anemia, and infections.
- Immunotherapy – In this procedure, the patient’s own immune system is used to fight cancer cells. It fights infections and other diseases. It is made up of white blood cells and lymph node tissues that effectively fight against cancer.
- Targeted therapy – It is a type of therapy that controls the growth, spread, and division of cancer cells. It is a specific type of drug that targets proteins and genes that helps in the growth of cancer.
At Sunrise Oncology, we have the best team of expert nurses, oncologists, pain physicians, and caregivers who provide comprehensive support, care, and treatment to cancer patients. We are equipped with the latest and most advanced technologies that deliver superior treatments to cancer patients at affordable costs. We offer 24/7 support to patients with access to our top-notch facilities and technologies for effective diagnosis and treatment.