Cancer is a disease that causes abnormal cell growth in the body. It is most commonly triggered due to genetics, lifestyle, infection, and radiation which hampers the body’s normal control mechanism.
Cancer Treatments of various types have come into effect depending on the patient’s type and stage of cancer. Sunrise Oncology Centers’ goal is to provide a healthcare system for cancer patients from surgery, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and palliative care at an economical cost. With advances in new leading-edge technologies hope for cancer has arisen in the field of cancer to save lives.
Types of Cancer Treatments at Sunrise Oncology Center
Sunrise Oncology center has powerful medical oncology treatments with a wide range of applications including –
- Radiation Treatment – Radiation oncology treatment is one of the most popular and effective cancer treatments that uses high-energy waves such as gamma rays, electron beams, or x-rays to treat cancer cells. Most Cancer hospitals also recommend using a combination of treatments from surgeries, hormones, chemotherapy and targeted therapy as a cure for cancer. Radiation therapies are mostly used to treat cancer cells in specific parts of the body as it is unable to reach all parts of the body.
Radiation is often used before treatment to shrink tumors or after treatment to stop the cancer cells from recurring again. There are basically 3 types of radiation therapies to cure cancer –
- External Radiation – It uses high-energy rays on the exterior part of the body for targetting cancer tumors. It is given twice on a weekly basis to patients at cancer hospitals for good results.
- Internal Radiation – It is a Radiation oncology treatment in which a radioactive substance is put inside the body on targeted tumors to shrink or destroy cancer cells. It is also called ‘brachytherapy’ and sometimes the radiation is kept inside the body for a short duration and then removed for effective treatment.
- Systemic Radiation – A type of drug that is injected through veins or mouth for curing tumors. It can travel to all parts of the body by system cell targetting.
2. Medical Oncology
A specialist doctor diagnoses and treats cancer cells with cancer treatment modalities such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and metronomic therapy.
- Chemotherapy – Chemotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses drugs to kill cancer cells. It is done to stop the multiplication of cancer cells in the body.
- Immunotherapy – It increases the immune system in your body to fight against infections and diseases. It supplies white body count (WBC) to control and destroy cancer cells.
- Targeted Therapy – The treatment targets specific cancer molecules such as proteins or genes to eliminate the growth of cancer tumors. FDA approves targeted therapy for 15 different types of cancer. It is effective only if the tumor target is set right.
- Metronomic Therapy – It has multiple approaches of both direct and indirect effects on cancer cells. It is relatively administered with less targeted dose in comparison to targeted therapy’s direct approach.
- Pain Management – Cancer hospital oncologists help in treating cancer pain with over-the-counter pain relievers, opium medications, antidepressant drugs, steroids, integrative therapies (physical therapy, acupuncture, exercises, and meditation), and nerve block procedures to stop receiving pain from the brain to other parts of the body.
- Palliative Care – Palliative care is a specialized treatment provided to patients dealing with serious illnesses such as heart disease or cancer. It improves the quality of life for patients battling a life-threatening disease. It also provides relief to families of cancer patients by reducing the distress and worries of cancer patients. It stabilizes their stressful life by helping them to live longer.
Why choose Sunrise Oncology Center for Cancer treatment?
Sunrise Oncology center is amongst the leading center that offers exclusive benefits on recent innovative technology for promising cancer treatments to patients. Our center is specialized in providing comprehensive solutions related to radiation treatment, medical oncology (chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and targeted therapy), pain management, and palliative care under expert doctors’ guidance. Sunrise Oncology team specialists work cohesively to deliver best-in-class services for cancer patients all around Mumbai.
Patients over the years have trusted us for our safety, the highest quality standards, and effective treatments at affordable costs. Our end goal is to reach even the rural section of society for early cancer detection and prevention for an increase in survival rates in Mumbai. Our customizable individualized treatment plans for cancer patients are highly tailored to deliver the best with compassion and care.
Talk to Sunrise Medical Oncologists for treatment advice
If you have concerns regarding your diagnosis, treatments, and procedures you can get in touch with our specialist’s doctors by just visiting https://www.sunriseoncocare.com/contact/ or you can reach out to us via Email: email@example.com and ask all your queries. We have centers across Mumbai and Goa areas for providing affordable cancer services to all. To us, you are not just a patient, you’re a member of the family whose needs, expectations, and concerns should be solved by providing adequate treatment plans.