Best Oncologist in Mumbai
An oncologist is a doctor that specializes in a patient’s healthcare related to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. They will examine and identify all the treatment options necessary for effective treatment care.
Types of Oncologists at Sunrise Oncology Center
There are several types of the oncologist that have gained specialization in cancer diseases
Medical Oncologists available at our centre
- Medical Oncologist – A specialist doctor who diagnoses and treats cancer using chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy.
- Radiation Oncologists – They use radiation therapy to treat cancer.
- Gynecologic Oncologist – A doctor that specializes in women’s cancer with the treatment of cancers of the ovaries, vagina, uterus, and cervix.
- Surgical Oncologist – It diagnoses, stage, and treat cancer with surgery for cancer-related symptoms.
- Pediatric Oncologists – They are doctors that specialize in treatment for children. They are medical specialty doctors that focus on treatments for children’s cancer.
- Hematology Oncologists – They are medical specialty doctors trained in treating blood cancers and cancers such as hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia, or lymphoma.
- Urologic Oncologists – They have acquired special training in treating cancer of the male and female urinary tract and male reproductive organs.
- Thoracic Oncologist – A doctor that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer inside the chest area including the lung, esophagus, food pipe, or trachea.
- Neuro Oncologist – A doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating brain tumors and tumors of the nervous system.
How to choose the right oncologist?
Finding the best oncologist in Mumbai is a crucial task as you need to explore the oncologist on the basis of certain categories that benefit your treatment. So, what are the things you should look into for choosing the right oncologist –
- Find out your type and stage of cancer
- Research all the possible treatment options
- Look for oncologist experience
- Look for convenient locations
- Research on the credibility of hospitals
- Listen to reviews from past clients
The above questions will help you evaluate the right procedures and treatments required to get the maximum benefit for your cancer. Cancer treatment requires a frequent visits to the hospital so choose your medical location with care. As this should not interrupt your ongoing treatment due to additional time consumption and quality of the hospital.
What tests are done to diagnose cancer at Sunrise Oncology Center?
Tests and procedures that can be followed to diagnose cancer at Sunrise Oncology Center are Lab Tests, Imaging tests, Biopsy, and Endoscopic exams.
- Lab Tests – It includes blood and urine test
- Imaging Test – It contains CT Scan, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), Ultrasound, Nuclear Scan, PET (Positron emission Topography) Scan, and X-ray
- Biopsy – It has a surgical biopsy, needle biopsy, endoscopic biopsy, skin biopsy, and liquid biopsy.
- Endoscopic exam – Types of endoscopic are colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, and cystoscopy.
Why choose Sunrise Oncology Center for the best Oncologist Treatment?
Sunrise Oncology Center has a team of medical specialists and experts to treat cancer with care. Our center is dedicated to empowering a fully-integrated, multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment with preventive, and diagnostic solutions, therapies, training, and research. We feel that our approach to providing affordable and advanced technology treatments to our cancer patients has revolutionized optimum care in the field of medical oncology. In addition to that, we also utilize the latest medical technology for providing precision treatments with minimum side effects to prosper a healthy life